15 February 2011

Let's start Motoring - Part 1

It all happened very quickly. The prospect of our business moving premises meant that I should start looking at purchasing a car. Even with a budget of a grand one really is spoiled for choice, especially with small cars. The French are also notoriously popular in this sector of the market and ads a bit of Gallic charm to an otherwise competent but, what I find a rather boring selection from the likes of Volkswagen, Ford and Vauxhall. It didn't take long for me to decide to start looking for a cheeky little Renault 5, a car that harks back to my childhood days, when my dad still had an original yellow TS, with the compulsory rust spots of course.

It was less than a week since I decided to start looking for a Five when one particular model caught my eye on eBay. It was a 1985 1.4 GTL with a mere 23,000 miles on the clock. I kept an eye on the auction and on one rather nervous Thursday night I decided to bid on it. With under a minute left before the auction ended I was outbid; I had about twenty seconds to decide what to do next...

0 comments: